IPL PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
IPL Photofacial and Hair Removal Instructions:
1. Avoid sun exposure for 1 month before each treatment
2. Stop any topical medications or skin care products (such as Retin-A or salicylic acid) 3-5 days prior to treatment. If concerns please discuss with Health Care Provider.
3. If you have had a history of perioral or genital herpes simplex virus, your provider may recommend antiviral medication.
4. RECENTLY TANNED SKIN CANNOT BE TREATED! INCLUDING SELF-TANNING SKIN PRODUCTS. If treated within 1 week of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning, you may develop hypopigmentation (white spots) after treatment and this may not clear for 2-3 months or longer.
5. A broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher should be applied daily and whenever exposed to the sun.
6. Please review Contraindications on IPL Treatment page before visit.
7. Call Oregon Natural Medicine at (503)946-8700 with any questions or concerns
Additional Instructions for IPL Hair Removal ONLY:
1. Treatment area must be cleaned and shaved day of appointment.
2. You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. The melanin-containing hair must be present in the follicle as it is the “target” for the IPL light. (IPL HAIR REDUCTION ONLY)